Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy birthday Mommy!!

Every time there is a birthday among one of the dancers I will post a little blurb about them and why they’re awesome. J
Michelle is turning 19!
Nickname: Mommy, mother, mom, Auntie Michelle to some (you get the idea); also I call her Louise (Thelma and Louise reference).
Age: 19
Known for: Colorful hair and combat boots
Ripped tights status: I don’t know how she gets her tights on! It looks like she wrapped thread around her legs.
Music: Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, Alanis Morissette, Sarah McLachlan, The Indigo Girls, etc. She should have grown up in the 90’s.
Favorite Foods: Carrots, cake, chips; yeah that’s all I know.
Will not eat: Tomatoes, olives, anything that came from an animal, she’s vegan.
Why she is awesome: Michelle is one of the least judgmental people I know. She is always there if you need someone to talk to. She cares about her friends more than anyone I’ve ever met before.
Why she is mommy: She is one of the oldest members of the company, she helps us cross the street, she has saved me from being hit by cars numerous times, she drives me EVERYWHERE, always calls to order the Chinese food, and she generally takes charge in “adult like situations”.
Running joke: Don’t mess with her; she has a black belt in karate. Of course we all know she couldn’t hurt a fly. Also, jokes about her being a college student/ English major.
Random Fact: She does ATS (American Tribal Style, a form of belly dancing)
I consider Michelle to be one of my best friends. The two of us are pretty much Thelma and Louise (it is really, really sad if you don’t get this reference). There are many other things I could add to this, but it would take me a lifetime. Also, she’s going back to school right after her birthday, which makes me very, very sad. L It’s okay though, we all know she’ll be back. J